No matter how big or small, each festival holds a special place in our hearts. They bring a wave of happiness and positivity into lives, which is why everyone eagerly waits for them. Even for regional festivals like Narada Jayanti 2022, the level of excitement is always high. Plus, these kinds of festivals are a great reason to bring out the best of your home.
Narada Jayanti is celebrated on Magha Shukla Panchami or the fifth day during the waxing phase of the moon in Magha month as per traditional Hindu calendars in India. It falls on Magha Purnima every year and is celebrated by Hindus all over the world. And since all devotees of God are disciples of Narad Muni in a way, your daily life should reflect the teachings of the gifted sage, including your home.
However, it doesn't mean you have to change the whole look of your home. You can give your home a fresh touch without spending much by rearranging the furniture or adding a little more decor items to your home. Try placing some rustic wall art decor for the traditional look. It is available online on Punam metalcrafts where you can choose from a wide range of products in the rustic wall art decor section. Cherish your home with the best decor items and welcome this great sage on his birthday.
Why is Narada Jayanti celebrated?
Narada Jayanti is an important festival for those who believe in God and follow Hinduism. Narad Jayanti is celebrated to commemorate the birth of Devrishi Narada Muni, the Hindu sage who is believed to be the first person to learn and recite the Vedas. It is celebrated as the festival of knowledge. Hence the day after Narad Jayanti is celebrated as Gyan Panchami, which marks the start of a new year for students.
Some facts about Narada Muni
Narada Muni is one of the most respected and revered Devarshis (seers) in Hinduism. While many people know about his role as a sage, there are some lesser-known facts about him that not many know. Here are a few things you need to know about Narada Muni.
- Devrishi Narada Muni was an ancient sage who played a key role in shaping Hinduism as we know it today. He was one of the original seers who came down to earth after Lord Vishnu had created Brahma, Surya and Agni — three prominent deities in Hinduism — out of his thoughts.
- Devrishi Narada Muni is the only person who is allowed to enter Vaikuntha Loka, the abode of Lord Vishnu. He is considered one of the most learned personalities in the world.
- Narada Muni came down to Earth and started preaching away from home to make him realize his mistake. After years of preaching, Brahma finally realized his mistake and apologized to Narada Muni for his wrong deeds.
- Narada Muni was one of the first sages to come into existence after Brahma created the universe. He was also one of the 10 mind-born sons of Brahma, who were born from his thoughts.
- Narada Muni is associated with music and knowledge, along with other qualities such as righteousness, purity and detachment from worldly pleasures. He was considered to be one of the most famous sages in Hinduism along with Parasara Muni and Vyasa Deva.
- In Hindu mythology, Narada Muni is believed to have been present at several important events in history including the churning of the ocean by gods and demons to obtain nectar from it; as well as various other battles between good and evil forces such as Rama’s war against Ravana or Krishna’s war against Jarasandha.
- Narada Muni was one of the most important sages in Vedic times. He was a Master of Music, dance and drama, and is said to have invented the veena. He was also an excellent cook who could prepare any dish without using any ingredients or utensils.
- Narada Muni is considered an incarnation of Vishnu and one of the seven rishis (sages) who are believed to have composed the original texts of the Vedas. He is believed to be the first person to learn and recite the Vedas.
- The Narada Purana describes him as someone who can travel anywhere in a single moment. It also says that he had the power of changing his body into any form he wished, which is why people often mistook him for other gods or goddesses when they saw him.
Since you have all the information to welcome divinity into your life and home, get ready to worship the gifted sage for his blessings.